The former water mill is part of a historic estate in Bennigsen and consists of a three-story mill building, a barn and a two-story connecting building. The largely half-timbered structure was constructed around 1860 and subsequently rebuilt and repurposed several times. The building has been vacant for several years and is now to be restored to residential use.
In this context, under the supervision of an archaeologist, the former millrace was partially re-excavated. However, no trace of the mill technology has been preserved in the building.